On this page you will find lots of links to information about Barnet CCG. This is in line with the Freedom of Information Act and follows guidance from the Information Commissioner's Office. If there is any additional information you think would be helpful to include on this page, please let us know.
Who we are and what we do
NHS Barnet CCG was created on 1st April 2013 and is responsible for planning and buying (commissioning) healthcare on behalf of our local population; taking over this role from NHS Barnet Primary Care Trust. Separately, NHS England is responsible for commissioning primary care (such as GPs and pharmacists) as well as specialised commissioning.
How we fit into the NHS structure
List of and information relating to organisations with which the CCG works in partnership
Location and contact details for all public facing departments
What we spend and how we spend it
Information about the general financial duties and strategies of Barnet CCG can be found via the following links and documents:
Annual Statement of Accounts
- Annual Report 2016-17 - includes the Financial Statements for 2016-17 and details of Governing Body members’ pay and allowances
Budgets and variance reports
Standing financial instructions
Staff pay and grading structures
NHS England website
Procurement and tendering procedures
- Procurement and tendering procedures – please contact our Freedom of Information team at NELCSU.firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of contracts currently being tendered
- Contracts currently being tendered – please contact our Freedom of Information team at NELCSU.email@example.com
List and value of contracts awarded and their value
- List and value of contracts awarded and their value – please contact our Freedom of Information team at NELCSU.firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheme of delegation
Prime financial policies
Payments over £25,000
What are our priorities and how are we doing?
Commissioning plans and intentions
Performance against targets (KPI) / Performance framework
- Clinical Governance – please contact our Freedom of Information team at NELCSU.email@example.com
Service user surveys
- Service user surveys – please contact our Freedom of Information team at NELCSU.firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we make decisions?
Governing Body papers
Patient and public Involvement and Engagement
Internal communications guidance
- Internal communications guidance and criteria used for decision making i.e. process systems and key personnel - please contact our Freedom of Information team at NELCSU.email@example.com
Our policies and procedures
List of published policies
Policies not published
Policies and procedures not published on the website - please contact our Freedom of Information team atNELCSU.firstname.lastname@example.org for the following:
- Policies and procedures relating to the conduct of business and provision of services
- Policies and procedures relating to human resources (including Race, Disability, Age and Gender, Equal Opportunities)
- Policies and procedures relating to recruitment and employment (For vacancies, please see jobs.nhs.uk)
Standing financial procedures
- Standing Orders– found in Appendix C of our Constitution
Comments, complaints and compliments
Information Governance Strategy Framework
Charging regimes and policies:
There is no charge for any documents downloaded from this site but they are subject to copyright laws. Where hard copies are requested a charge will be made for communication costs (for example photocopying, postage and packaging).
There will be a charge, in line with national recommendations, for copies of personal records under the Data Protection Act.
The Freedom of Information Act allows the CCG to charge for communication costs. The CCG is not obliged to comply with a request for information if the CCG estimates that the cost of determining if they hold the relevant information, locating and retrieving the information and, where necessary, extracting the information from a document would exceed the ‘appropriate limit’ as defined by the FOI Act.
The appropriate limit has been set as a figure of £450.00 for CCGs. This figure is calculated at a rate of £25 per hour and therefore any request that exceeds 18 hours of work could be refused. In such cases the CCG has the option to refuse the request.
Lists and Registers
Information we are legally required to hold
- Any information we are currently legally required to hold in publicly available registers - Please contact our Freedom of Information team at: FOI@barnetCCG.nhs.uk
Main contractors and suppliers
- List of main contractors / suppliers - Please contact our Freedom of Information team at: FOI@barnetCCG.nhs.uk
Assets registers and information Asset Register
- Assets registers and information Asset Register - Please contact our Freedom of Information team at: FOI@barnetCCG.nhs.uk
Register of interests
Gifts and hospitality
The services we commission
The CCG is a commissioning organisation only i.e. it does not directly provide clinical services.
Commissioning plans and intentions
Policy on Procedures of Limited Clinical Effectiveness (PoLCE)
Services for which the CCG is entitled to recover a fee
- Services for which the CCG is entitled to recover a fee together with those fees - Please contact our Freedom of Information team at: NELCSU.email@example.com
Information and advice for patients
Patient Advice and Liaison Service
For details of Patient Advice and Liaison Services for individual Hospital Trusts please see their individual websites:
Communications and media releases