Freedom of Information

What is the right to know?

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) gives people a general right of access to information held by or on behalf of public authorities, promoting a culture of openness and accountability across the public sector.

What sort of information can I request?

In theory, you can request any information that Barnet CCG holds, that does not fall under an exemption. You may not ask for information that is covered by the Data Protection Act.

How do I make a request for information?

Your request must be in writing and can be either posted, faxed or emailed to Barnet CCG.  The service is managed by the team at NHS North and East London Commissioning Support Unit (NEL CSU).

For postal requests, please send to the following address:

FOI Team
NHS North and East London Commissioning Support Unit
Clifton House
75-77 Worship Street

Email requests should be sent to:

Can my request be refused?

Our commitment to publish information excludes any information which can legitimately be withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or the Freedom of Information Act. Where individual classes of information are subject to exemptions, the main reasons are, for example, the protection of commercial interests, personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998 and Copyright rules. This applies to all classes within the Publication Scheme

What information do we publish?

Under the FOIA the CCG is required to have a publication scheme which sets out the CCG’s commitment to make the following classes of information routinely available:

  • who we are and what we do,
  • what we spend and how we spend it,
  • what our priorities are and how we are doing,
  • how we make decisions,
  • our policies and procedures,
  • lists and registers, and
  • the services we offer.

More details are given on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.

This will be updated shortly by the Information Commissioner’s Office but, in the meantime, information is either available on the CCG’s website or by contacting the FOI team whose contact details are given above.

How to access to your personal data held by the CCG

Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the general right to see or be given a copy of personal data held about you.  This right can be exercised via submission of a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the NHS Barnet CCG.  We are able to charge a reasonable fee for the administration of the request, however these fees are set down in law as follows:

We may charge up to £10 for complying with a SAR relating to records if the information is only held electronically or up to £50 if those records are held either wholly or partly in non-electronic form. To make a SAR please contact:

 Information Governance Team North and East London Commissioning Support Unit, Clifton House, 75-77 Worship Street, London EC2A 2DU or email