Our vision and values
Vision and Values
Barnet Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is an ambitious and successful clinical commissioning group (CCG). We are a membership organisation made up of 52 GP practices serving a registered patient population of around 420,000. Our role is to ensure that residents and those registered with GPs in Barnet have access to the healthcare services they need.
In January 2017, the CCG launched a new set of values to underpin the work we do on behalf of the people of Barnet and to give life to our vision which is ‘to work together with the Barnet population to improve health and wellbeing’.
- Courageous and challenging – As a learning organisation, we are not afraid of challenge and innovation as we continually seek improvement in all we do. We strive to be the best in all we do, promoting the reputation of Barnet CCG as a forward-thinking commissioning organisation
- Open and respectful – We will be open and honest in all of our communications and also in how we make decisions, both in how we make them and the reasons behind them. We will ensure that our residents’ needs are at the heart of all our decision making.
- Quality and value - The services we commission are evidence-based, follow best practice and are of a demonstrably high quality. We are committed to commissioning a wide range of health services in ways which are cost-effective and accessible, making the best use of public resources
- Leadership and accountability – We have a strong leadership team led by a Chief Operating Officer and a clinical Chair. Service delivery and development is informed and shaped by clinicians, acting on behalf of GP members and the local public.
- Listen and respond to the people of Barnet - Without the involvement of local people we will be unable to deliver more personalised and responsive services that are fit for purpose and meet the needs of those who use them
These values will be reflected in the work we do to deliver a set of strategic priorities that were agreed by the CCG’s Governing Body in August 2016. These are as follows:
- Improve health and wellbeing and reduce inequalities
- Work effectively to maximise the local NHS’s contribution to local health and wellbeing. We are here to improve people’s health, reduce health inequalities and promote prevention and early intervention to support local people to maximise their personal health and wellbeing.
- To do the above effectively, we will engage with and strive to understand the needs and wants of local people and communities.
- Provide value and live within our means
- Plan and buy a comprehensive range of health services in ways which are cost effective and accessible, make the best use of public resources, be responsive to local needs and promote the health and wellbeing of local residents. We are committed to living within our means through the exercise of value-driven, outcomes based commissioning.
- Enhance quality
- To ensure that the services we commission are evidence-based, follow best practice and are of a demonstrably high quality. We are committed to enhancing quality, patient safety and patient experience.
- To encourage and enable improvements in the services are provided, developing local services which help people access the care they need in the most appropriate settings by skilled professionals, applying innovation and leading-edge technology where appropriate.
- Be excellent
- To continually seek improvement in all we do, welcoming challenge and embracing innovation as a learning organisation.
- To be a good employer and a good place to work, supporting the development of our staff and providing an open, supportive, learning environment. We will look after and develop our workforce.
- To strive to be the best in all we do, promoting the reputation of Barnet CCG as a leading-edge commissioning organisation – a commitment to excellence.
- Be clinically well-led
- To ensure that service delivery and development is informed and shaped by clinicians, acting on behalf of GP members and the local public.
We expect our staff to live these values and invite our stakeholders, patients and for the public to share in them too.